SCRANTON CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL, circa 1959
The glowing West Mountain Sandstone exterior of Lackawanna College evokes fond memories for many thousands of graduates from three different centuries.
Scranton’s highly regarded Central High School was designed by Little and O’Connor in 1895. It served as a high school until 1991
Lackawanna College purchased and renovated the building from 1994 to 1996. It is now the ‘central’ facility of its downtown campus complex. More than 1,500 students are enrolled annually in a wide range of academic disciplines. Lackawanna College now offers Bachelor degrees, Associate degrees and certificate programs at its five sites in Northeastern Pennsylvania.