Lackawanna County Courthouse, Spring
The stately courthouse building rises 3 ½ stories from a wonderfully landscaped 4.7 acre city block in downtown Scranton, Pennsylvania. The building was designed in the Romanesque Revival style by Isaac G. Perry in 1884. Architect B. Taylor Lacey added a third story to the original two-story building in 1896, drawing freely from a variety of architectural influences. It features a five story clock tower.
The courthouse was the site of the first session of the 1902 Anthracite Coal Strike Commission. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1997.